- To investigate potential differences in plaque progression (PP) between in East Asians and Caucasians as well as to determine clinical predictors of PP in East Asians.
- The vision for the Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography's social media efforts is to amplify the impact of the Journal while driving engagement, increasing journal visibility and disseminating content to new audiences globally. Serving as “the front door” to the Journal, this digital evolution represents an important step forward for a field in which advancements in hardware, image processing and clinical evidence have evolved rapidly. However, is social media the panem et circenses of cardiovascular computed tomography (CT), that of superficial appeasement, or of sine qua non; an essential ingredient to the acceleration of the Journal and of the field of cardiovascular CT? This paper aims to present the initial impact of social media within a dedicated cardiovascular CT journal.
- Different methodologies to report whole-heart atherosclerotic plaque on coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA) have been utilized. We examined which of the three commonly used plaque burden definitions was least affected by differences in body surface area (BSA) and sex.
- We aimed to compare semiquantitative coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA) risk scores – which score presence, extent, composition, stenosis and/or location of coronary artery disease (CAD) – and their prognostic value between patients with and without diabetes mellitus (DM). Risk scores derived from general chest-pain populations are often challenging to apply in DM patients, because of numerous confounders.
- Non-statin therapy (NST) is used as second-line treatment when statin monotherapy is inadequate or poorly tolerated.
- Although coronary artery calcium (CAC) has been investigated for over two decades, there is very limited data on the association of CAC with cause of death. The CAC Consortium is a large ongoing multi-center observational cohort of individuals who underwent non-contrast cardiac-gated CAC testing and systematic, prospective, long-term follow-up for mortality with ascertainment of cause of death.